6 replies to this topic

#1 the_baron

the_baron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:06 PM

Hi,
I am currently working in Tenerife and have tried calling from my registered UK mobile number a couple of times today and yesterday to use my xxxpanded credit. I am getting a message that says that there is a problem with the redemption lines and they are currently unavailable and that the problem is being worked on. Is this because I am using my mobile outside the UK and therefore will never be able to use it here or is there actually been a problem with the lines for the last day or 2?

#2 xxxguy

xxxguy

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:37 PM

Hi there,

The system needs to be able to see your phone number to identify your account for the redemption line access. Sometimes the international carriers will strip out your phone number, so the system cannot identify you. This can actually be intermittent, as the routes used by the overseas network may vary, with some maintaining the number and others stripping it out.
The message you are reporting hearing is not the standard one you should hear in these circumstances though, so we may need to look into this for you in more detail.
Can you use the support form to tell us your phone number & the network you are on? http://www.xxxpanded.com/info/contact

There is an alternative method for you to use in any case - you have an account number which you key in to identify your account when you call, and you will be able to use your account as normal. You can find your account number on the top right hand side of the home page when you are logged in to the site ( just under the login box)

#3 the_baron

the_baron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:54 PM

thanks, have mailed my details. Are you saying that there is another landline number I can call which will allow me to enter my account number?

#4 xxxguy

xxxguy

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 148 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

yep, but the standard redemption numbers should offer you the option to enter your account number automatically if they cannot detect your phone number.

Are you using these numbers

+44 123464 1000 (std) or +44 123 4641010 (VIP)

or another one ( they vary dependent on whether you created an account online or via the app\mobile)

#5 the_baron

the_baron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:22 PM

Ahh, no I was using the 0207 numbers! I created my account online.
Are those numbers standard UK landline numbers?

#6 xxxguy

xxxguy

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:31 PM

yep, they are standard landline numbers, so exactly same cost as calling 0207

#7 the_baron

the_baron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts